Thursday, January 7, 2016

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! It's time to jump on those treadmills and run to work off all those cups of eggnog, and delicious pieces of apple pie! 

This year, I want to give back. I want to help other people. More. I'm still figuring out the best way to do this, but one way is to beta read, another is to play/sing at hospice or work with kids, or maybe  just be nicer to people. Maybe helping each other is our only redeeming quality as humans at this point: our government is frozen and the majority of our citizens--as a whole--are paranoid.

I'm guilty. I barely know my neighbors, but I do talk to them on occasion. But if I took the time to know those in my neighborhood, would it help? Would my neighborhood be less hostile? Hmm. Maybe I'll try it out for the new year and see.

The writing:
I'm adoring my beta readers. They have been so very helpful. I also heard back from a publisher, who loved the characters to one of my stories, and if I am willing to make some (drastic plot) changes, I can resubmit. It seems like a positive thing, right? I'm staying hopeful here.

I wish you all the best in the coming year.
Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment